French conversation groups
Want to improve your French conversation?
ALL GROUPS below cancelled due to Covid since MARCH 2020
New groups & venues to be announced in MARCH 2021
Online groups still available on
VoulezVouloz has offered conversation groups at a handful of atmospheric venues across Melbourne AND Sydney since 2007!
Unfortunately, these groups were shelved when Lord Corona came to visit in March 2020.
Pas de panique though… a new batch of groups will be announced & launched in March 2021
At these informal sessions, we discuss everything from patisseries to politicians, as well as enjoying word games, memory games and quizzes and it’s ALL in French!
An excellent way to meet other Francophiles in your area and flex your Frenchie muscles!
- Suits: Adults.
- Level: Intermediate and advanced.
- Numbers: Numbers vary, but a weekly average is anything from 2 to 9 attendees (+ the French tutor).
- Location: To be announced in March 2021.
- Payment: $22 per head, cash on the day, or online payments accepted below.
ALL GROUPS below archived since March 2020
Melbourne Conversation Groups
10.30 am @ YARRAVILLE VIC 3013
at 43 Cafe, 43 Anderson Street
10.30 am @ SOUTH YARRA VIC 3141
Urban Provedore (middle tables), 231 Toorak Road
7.30 pm @ ALPHINGTON VIC 3078
Alphington Community Centre, 2 Kelvin Road
10.30 am @ CARLTON NORTH VIC 3054
Park Street Dining, 815 Nicholson Street
10.00 am @ MELBOURNE CBD VIC 3000
Laurent Bakery, 304-306 Little Collins Street
Sydney Conversation Groups
The Royal Oak (upstairs lounge) 36 College Street
12:00 noon @ LINDFIELD NSW 2070
Bella Blue (inside corner table), 1/303 Pacific Highway
5:15 pm @ CBD NSW 2000 – Launching 4 March
Queen Victoria Building (1st floor, tables by “Anne Fontaine” boutique), 455 George Street
11:00 am @ PADDINGTON NSW 2021
Ampersand Café & Bookstore (first floor library), 78 Oxford Street
1:45 pm @ MANLY NSW 2095
Ground Zero Café (back terrace) , 2/18 Sydney Road
French conversation prices – per student:
- 1 x Invitation to Conversation Group
- Buy 5 x Invitations to Conversation Group
- Get 6th invite FREE
What happens in our French conversation groups?
- Our French conversations groups change each week, so you’ll never get bored.
- Your tutor will guide the group and suggest French conversation topic for everyone to try.
- S/he will act as mediator, helping everyone have a go at chatting confidently but “pas de pression”/no pressure 😉
- Sometimes we play word games, chat about the weather or tell French jokes!
- Feel free to come along and listen if you’d like build up your confidence.