French conversation groups
Want to improve your French conversation?
Due to popular demand, VoulezVouloz now offers French conversation groups at a handful of atmospheric venues across Melbourne AND Sydney! At these informal sessions, we discuss everything from patisseries to politicians, as well as enjoying word games, memory games and quizzes and it’s ALL in French! An excellent way to meet other Francophiles in your area and flex your Frenchie muscles!
- Suits: Adults and teens.
- Level: Intermediate and advanced.
- Duration: 75 minutes.
- Number of students: The numbers vary from week to week but on average, anything from 2 to 8 people turn up to these groups (plus the French tutor)
- Location: We are currently running a total of 10 conversation groups on the following days at the following locations:
Melbourne Conversation Groups
10.30 am @ SOUTH YARRA VIC 3141
Urban Provedore (middle tables), 231 Toorak Road
10:30 am @ MELBOURNE CBD VIC 3000 (resumes January 24)
ACMI Café & Bar (front tables), Federation Square
10.30 am @ BRUNSWICK EAST VIC 3057 (Starts Feb 22nd)
Carolina Cafe, 11 Nicholson Street
10.00 am @ MELBOURNE CBD VIC 3000
Captains of Industry, 2 Somerset Place
Sydney Conversation Groups
10:30 am @ MOSMAN NSW 2088
Four Frogs Creperie (inside back table), 175 Avenue Road
1:00 pm @ BALMAIN NSW 2041 (resumes January 16)
The Royal Oak (upstairs lounge) 36 College Street
1:00 pm @ RANDWICK NSW 2031
Four Frogs Creperie (upstairs table), 30 St Pauls Street
12:00 noon @ LINDFIELD NSW 2070
Bella Blue (inside corner table), 1/303 Pacific Highway
2:00 pm @ MANLY NSW 2095
Ground Zero Café (back terrace) , 2/18 Sydney Road
11:00 am @ PADDINGTON NSW 2021
Ampersand Café & Bookstore (first floor library), 78 Oxford Street
2.00 pm @ HORNSBY NSW 2077 (Paused until June 1)
Bees Knees Café (front tables), 14 Coronation Street
“Wanting to keep up our French after a Paris holiday last year, we struggled to find the means back in Australia. VoulezVouloz came to the rescue and filled the void.With an assortment of options from personal tutors to conversation groups and online resources, VoulezVouloz can help you along the way from fundamentals to fluency. We have found our tutors Hichem and Maite to be engaging, stimulating and very accommodating of our different needs and skill levels, whether it’s been in an individual or group setting. The VoulezVouloz website keeps you up-to-date and in touch with French happenings both here and abroad so you always feel connected to a French-speaking community. VoulezVouloz is a great tutoring service but it’s also much more than that and we highly recommend it.”Helen Graham
French conversation prices – per student:
French conversation pricesPer Student
- NO ENROLMENT NECESSARY. Just turn up when you feel the need for some French chat!
What happens in our French conversation groups?
- Our French conversations groups change each week, so you’ll never get bored.
- Your tutor will guide the group and suggest French conversation topic for everyone to try.
- S/he will act as mediator, helping everyone have a go at chatting confidently but “pas de pression”/no pressure 😉
- Sometimes we play word games, chat about the weather or tell French jokes!
- Feel free to come along and listen if you’d like build up your confidence.